Are you looking to bring English idioms to life in your classroom? November 22nd, 2013 is the deadline for the second annual Kids’ English Idiom Art Contest. Why not motivate your students and potentially win prizes for your class?
Simply send in your students’ best English idiom illustrations. These idioms can be real ones or fictitious ones. Entries are welcome from all around the world. The best illustration will win a US $200.00 Amazon gift certificate for your class, with second and third place winning Amazon gift certificates in the amounts of US $100.00 and US $50.00, respectively, to spend as your class sees fit! To top it off, the top ten illustrations will be published here on this blog. Here are the rules:
- This contest is open to classes of school children aged 8 - 12 at the time of entry who have obtained parental consent to participate. Upon submission, teachers confirm that this parental consent has been obtained.
- Homeschooling classes, language schools and art schools are also eligible to participate provided that the students/class participants are of the above-specified age, i.e. 8 - 12 years of age, at the time of entry.
- The contest participants are participating on behalf of their classes. Hence, a win for one is a win for all!
- Illustrations should not be bigger than an A4 piece of paper, which is 21 cm x 29.7 cm or 8.5 x 11 inches and should be labelled with the English idiom they illustrate as well as the first name and age of the artist on the back side.
- All submissions must be accompanied by the school name, teacher’s name, school address and a contact e-mail address of the participating class.
- All submissions must be received via post at the following address by midnight November 22nd, 2013: ProLexika e.K. / Kids’ English Idiom Art Contest, Friedrich-Ebert-Str. 27, 04416 Markkleeberg, Germany.
- E-mail entries, unfortunately, cannot be accepted.
- Prizes will ONLY be paid in the form of Amazon gift certificates from amazon.com, amazon.co.uk or the Amazon site in your country. The use of these gift certificates is at the sole discretion, responsibility and liability of the winning classes and their supervisors.
- The illustrations will be judged on the basis of creativity, use of color and, of course, the work’s ability to illustrate the given English idiom. The winners will be announced on December 5th, 2013.
- No purchase is required.
- Illustrations will not be returned and become the property of ProLexika e.K and its blog.
- Submission of entries constitutes contest registration and indicates that you are in complete agreement with the above-stated contest rules.
- This contest is governed by the laws of Germany.
Any further questions ? Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. To see some great examples of what you can do when you combine idioms and art, click here. To view some of last year's entries, watch the following video: